Positive Parenting – Introducing: TIM HEIDMANN
June 21, 2018
We are excited to welcome Tim Heidmann to the centre in July. He will be joining us to talk to parents about Positive Parenting – 10 Tips for Success.
Introducing: Tim Heidmann
Tim Heidmann has been working with children and young people for 23 years in New Zealand and the USA. He works as a Resource Teacher of Learning & Behaviour and on any given day can be found in any of 38 North Canterbury Schools supporting teachers, whanau and students to manage and respond to challenging behaviours. He is a trained Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) facilitator and has supported many schools to train and implement this evidence-based programme that improves social and educational outcomes for all children.
Tim has been engaging in public speaking since 2012 and in that time has developed a positive reputation for his practical, down-to-earth and at times humorous talks on a range of topics related to parenting and behaviour management strategies. Some of the topics he has presented on have included:
- Parenting: 10 Mistakes to Avoid
- Positive Behaviour for Learning: Linking home and School
- Parenting 101: Ten strategies for Success
- Am I a Helicopter Parent: So What if I am?
Tim is also a founding member of Counselling North Canterbury; a small private practice that provides counselling around a range of issues including but not limited to: couples counselling, parenting the difficult child, youth offenders, individual issues/concerns.
- Registered member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors,
- Masters degree of Education (Distinction)
- Masters degree in Specialist Teaching
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Teaching & Learning
- Bachelor of Science.